Thursday, February 6, 2014

another project...

A few weeks ago we were offered some free kitchen cabinets from a friend who is upgrading.  Our kitchen has some strange homemade shelves/cabinets/coffin-like drawers so we jumped at the opportunity to have a "real" kitchen {and a dishwasher...YAY!!}.  

This week Paul got the call to pick them up so he started to prepare ... by ripping out the counter :0 and the old shelves/cabinets {while I was at yoga...ohmmmmmm}.  Needless to say, I'm wishing we waited one more week to start this project so I would be happily on my way to Florida instead of trying to cook in a construction zone.

The before kitchen, we will call it "funky function": 


The during kitchen, we will call it "totally dysfunctional what was I thinking craziness":



Everything should be in place by the time we get home from Florida, and we will just need to add a countertop which is being crafted by my very talented brother at RE Blood Boatworks.  Can't wait!

And today I ask for prayers of peace and solace for my extended family as they grieve the loss of a wonderful father, brother, husband, grandfather, uncle & great uncle.  

No comments:

Post a Comment